Saturday, April 30, 2011
Stylicious Staging Tips
1) Clean, Clean, Clean – every item in your home (including floors, appliances, windows, etc.) should be spotless and sparkle.
2) Declutter – take the opportunity to get your packing started and declutter all areas in your home especially closets, cabinets, floor space, etc.
3) Depersonalize – home buyers want to walk into a home and be able to visualize their stuff and their family fitting into the space. Having family photos, trophies, degrees, etc. hinder the potential home buyer visualizing the space as their own.
4) Lighting – your home should be bright and have as much natural light as possible. Clean all windows inside and out, turn on all lights for showings, and add décor pieces like glass, silver, mirrored to reflect the light throughout the room.
5) Be Religion Neutral – put away all religious items and figurines for all showings and open houses.
6) Curb Appeal – you only have one chance to make a lasting first impression. Pay extra attention to the details of your curb appeal. Your gardens should be well edged, clear of any debris and weeds, and add flowers where possible to add a splash of colour. Ensure doors, trim, and siding have a fresh coat of paint (choose a neutral colour). Ensure all paths to your home are clear.
7) Paint – painting is one of the cheapest and greatest return on investment. Paint interior and exterior in neutral colours and avoid dark accent colours like red, blue, etc.
8) MLS Photos – ensure they are taken during the day and have all lights turned on. Most home buyers now search for homes on-line before heading out to the area to view homes. Be sure your photos are inviting, in focus, and bright. Inquire about our Stylicious Retouch service for any photos that need colour correction, brightening, etc.
At Stylicious Living we provide a full room by room evaluation including curb appeal to ensure each home is prepared for sale using our Stylicious Staging Selling and Strategies Guide. Our consultations start at $195 + HST. We also offer showcasing services for open houses and furniture rental for vacant homes. Contact us today at (416)262-0609 to book an in-home staging consultation.