- 9 cups of chopped, seeded Tomatoes (drain as much liquid as possible)
- 6 cups of chopped Pears (remove skin and core)
- 1 package of Bernardin Salsa Mix
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers chopped and seeded (optional)
- Combine all ingredients into a large saucepan, stir constantly, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and continue cooking until mixture is cooked through.
- Preserve ingredients into hot mason jars, leaving 1/2" head space. Makes 12 x 250 ml jars. Watch out for our next blog on "How to Preserve" for proper preserving techniques.
- Or refrigerate after mixture has cooled. You can store in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or freeze for 1 year.