- Decorations – Keep all accent pieces tasteful and stylish, while staying religion neutral and avoiding figurines. Be careful not to over decorate or clutter.
- Baking – Just because your house is on the market doesn’t mean that you have to give up on family activities and traditions throughout the holidays. Get the family involved and bake some of your favourite treats before any open houses which will fill the house with a nice aroma. Lay out a tray of the baked goods for the guests to eat while viewing the home.
- Front Entrance – Flank festive urns on either side of the front door in the same colour scheme as your home. Hang a simple wreath on your front door and be sure to keep all walkways to your home clear of ice and snow.
- Lighting – Exterior and Interior lighting should be all one colour tone and provide good ambiance without being overbearing.
- Family Activities – Take advantage of the open house schedule to take the kids out for holiday activities and enjoy the holiday spirit.
The holidays can be an excellent time to sell your home since it’s a great time to display your home in a festive way that allows potential buyers to envision future family traditions in years to come.